40 Knots Vineyard and Estate Winery has undergone a comprehensive assessment (every two years since 2015), to achieve Sustainable Tourism PLATINUM Certification, one of only two businesses in CANADA to achieve this recognition. The process includes a one-one-one review of our business practices with a Sustainable Business Advisor to see how we’re doing against criteria aligned with the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
Our Sustainable Strategy reflects the United Nations Sustainable Development actions. Some of our objectives are:
- End poverty in all forms
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and well-being
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education promoting life-long learning opportuntities
- Achieve gender equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable clean energy
- Sustainable economic growth
- Foster innovation
- Sustainable communities
- Responsible consumption
- Urgent action to combat climate change
- Conserve and sustainable use of oceans, seas and marine resources
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, manage forests, halt biodiversity loss and land degradation
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Sustain culture and heritage
About Sustainable Tourism Certified:
Sustainable Tourism Certified is the largest sustainability certification program for the tourism and hospitality industry in Canada. Certified Sustainable Tourism businesses have received a one-on-one assessment of their sustainability performance against a set of 81 criteria, and a
customized action plan on how to make their operations more sustainable. Sustainable Tourism is delivered by GreenStep Solutions. To learn more visit www.sustainabletourism2030.com , or contact Angela Nagy, CEO, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 1-800-469-7830.
Connect Green: Looking to connect and support other Green Step Businesses, click HERE to find others by searching community and grade.