Stall Speed Merlot Buffalo Steak
- 1 1/2 cups Stall Speed Merlot
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 tbsps fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 tbsps whipping cream
- 4 Buffalo steaks (6-8 oz) or baseball size
1. Heat 2 tbsp butter with oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the steaks when oil is hot. Brown steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side (medium rare) or until they reach desired "doneness". (Baseballs will take longer). Remove steaks from pan and set aside to rest. Keep warm.
2. Add shallots and tarragon to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add Stall Speed Merlot and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to about 1/3 of a cup, then add cream and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes but do not let the sauce boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir through the remaining butter. Serve the steaks topped with the Merlot cream sauce accompanied by new potatoes and your favorite vegetables.
CONTRIBUTED BY Troy Towsin, Cooking with BC Wine, Polygot Publishing 2005